How to invest in renewable energy and make a profit
In 2020, an estimated £8.4bn is expected to be spent on renewable energy projects in the UK. Both the government and the private sector is boosting its support as the industry matures. Here we suggest several methods of increasing your portfolio’s exposure to the fast growing industry.
Just outside Glasgow sits Europe’s second largest wind farm. Nestled on rolling green hills, 215 wind turbines spin to produce electricity to power homes and businesses. With the Office of Budget Responsibility forecasting that £8.4bn will be spent on renewable projects in the UK in 2020, this is a sight that is likely to become more common.
The renewable energy sector is maturing as costs fall rapidly. Today, the average cost of offshore wind energy is £40 per megawatt hour, that’s more than 30% cheaper than it was last year and is less than the price of electricity in the wholesale…
Continue reading this article…
- In depth coverage of many of the world’s great companies
- Breaking news on potential upcoming disasters
- Unique insights from our top research team
- Only pay for what you want to read
- Easy credit payment system
- Access our excellent Premium content
Previous article Next article