US results season: how did our ‘Ultimate Stocks’ do?
Our Ultimate Stocks Portfolio was up 12% in the year to date before the start of the results season, have the numbers sent it higher?
Third quarter financial results season helped send the US stock markets to record highs – for this, and for so many other things, President Donald Trump thinks Americans should be “sooo grateful”.
It might be a bit much to suggest that the president is responsible for the strong earnings season, which saw many companies beat expectations. In fact, it is far more likely that he is responsible for the companies which disappointed: Caterpillar’s (US: CAT) results were worsened by the US/China trade war, while Exxon Mobil (US: XOM) was one of a number of oil giants which struggled with the falling…
Continue reading this article…
- In depth coverage of many of the world’s great companies
- Breaking news on potential upcoming disasters
- Unique insights from our top research team
- Only pay for what you want to read
- Easy credit payment system
- Access our excellent Premium content
Previous article Next article