Taylor Wimpey vs Lennar: is there more value in a US housebuilder?
UK housebuilders offer tempting yields, while at least one US firm is reporting improving trading conditions. But do these firms offer real value at this point in the cycle?
The Taylor Wimpey (LON: TW) share price has made little progress in recent years. On a four-year view, the FTSE 100 housebuilder's share price is down by 5% at the time of writing. Although dividend payments have provided a cash yield of around 35% over that period, shareholders have also had to ride out a fair amount of volatility. The share price fell by 30% after the 2016 referendum and repeated this fall in the 2018 market sell-off.
Across the Atlantic, the picture is eerily similar. The share price of Florida-based housebuilder Lennar (US: LEN) has tracked that of Taylor Wimpey…
Continue reading this article…
- In depth coverage of many of the world’s great companies
- Breaking news on potential upcoming disasters
- Unique insights from our top research team
- Only pay for what you want to read
- Easy credit payment system
- Access our excellent Premium content
Previous article Next article