Is this the ultimate market for growth and income?
The Saudi Aramco valuation has been put under threat by recent drone attacks, but does the Gulf provide further opportunities for investment?
There is a lot of money to be made in the Gulf. Arguably, there is even more to be spent. Qatar for example has $10trn (£8trn) of hydrocarbons – that’s enough for each member of the population to take home $3.8m. A youthful, wealthy demographic is an excellent recipe for a healthy economy. Add in governments keen to diversify into new markets and lower exposure to oil and gas, and the financial outlook is encouraging – that’s as long as you can hack the geopolitical tensions.
The six Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi…
Continue reading this article…
- In depth coverage of many of the world’s great companies
- Breaking news on potential upcoming disasters
- Unique insights from our top research team
- Only pay for what you want to read
- Easy credit payment system
- Access our excellent Premium content
Previous article Next article