IG Group: 7% yield is profitable hedge against uncertainty
IG’s impressive revenue growth hit a stumbling block last year as regulatory changes came into force. The company’s share price was down by about 25% at the end of 2018, driving up the stock's dividend yield to its current high level. We think that could prove an interesting entry point.
Uncertainty seems to be the watchword of markets at the moment. Wherever you look, the signals are mixed, at best. Macroeconomic data is increasingly pointing to the risk of a slowdown in major markets such as the US, Germany and the UK. The US-China trade war is an evolving risk, as are Brexit and tensions in the Middle East. Stock market valuations also tell a mixed story.
Knowing how to invest in such stressful conditions is not easy, but we have identified a business that enjoys a rare ability to profit from stock market volatility and changing conditions.
FTSE 250 financial…
Continue reading this article…
- In depth coverage of many of the world’s great companies
- Breaking news on potential upcoming disasters
- Unique insights from our top research team
- Only pay for what you want to read
- Easy credit payment system
- Access our excellent Premium content
Previous article Next article